Hey Friends! So blogging from my back deck looking over the lake got me thinking about water – hopefully you noticed from Day 1 that I really emphasized drinking a lot of water. You really should be drinking water anyway, but drinking it right when you wake up, consistently throughout the day, and right before bed will really help to flush out your system! Water is high-key, really important.
Hope you’re ready for Day 2 of the Fed Up/Paleo Challenge, Cheers!
DRINK 8 oz. of water when you wake up.
do some pushups. 10, 20, 50, don’t care, just get your blood flowing.
If you’re feeling a little sleepy like I was, I did a quick morning yoga stretch sequence, but I skipped out on shavasana cause I was not trying to fall back asleep. (see link below)
- 8 oz. water
- 2-egg veggie omelette (really just use whatever veggies you’ve got on hand. I threw in some spinach, chopped white onion, and cherry tomatoes)
Really try to get some green leafy stuff into your omelette if you can, especially if you are someone who doesn’t like to eat raw greens in a salad – this is a great way to cover up the flavor.
DRINK 16 oz. of water by lunch.
- Chicken Salad Wrap
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cooled and chopped
- half a diced granny smith apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup paleo mayo (see below)*
- handful craisins (optional)
- i like to add celery to mine if anyone cares to know
- romaine lettuce (this will serve as your wrap that you put the chicken salad into)
Throw it all in a bowl. Mix it together. Spoon into lettuce wrap.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- approx. 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Start by vigourously whisking the egg yolk, mustard, and 1 tsp of the lemon juice. Slowly drizzle the oil in until it becomes thick – if you add all the oil too fast, it will start to separate. This is an annoying process, but just think of it as an extra arm workout for the day.
DRINK 8 oz. water after lunch.
- 8 oz. water
- Piece of grilled salmon (check out Robin’s recipe if you want a little more flavor http://robinssweetconfessions.com/wp/cedar-planked-salmon-with-honey-lime-dressing1152012/ )
- Zucchini and squash, or just have some leftover vegetable bake from yesterday
here’s a couple of videos to try out:
Drink at LEAST 8 oz. of water before bed!!!
Great work team. Keep it up.